Lately I have had several people ask me how I started my blog. Honestly, I brainstormed, interviewed, prayed, started, stopped and more for over 2 years before getting to the steady flow that I am in now. I found another blogger named Gala Darling whom I found inspiring. Although she tends to focus on self love only, she still writes about love. She shares some really interesting tips on the following link. Here are my top tips for anyone interested in starting a blog and eventually turning it into their business.
- Decide on your mission statement.
- Narrow your focus. What exactly do you want to blog about?
- Find other blogs or websites that are in the same stream as yours and study them. If you can message them and poke their brains with any questions you may have.
- Be consistent with your posting. Decide if you want to post 3x a week or more and stick with it.
- Write as much original content as you can. Also try to use original images.
- Know your audience. Is it female only? What is the age range?
- Love what you do. You need to be passionate about your blog, otherwise you will waste your time as well as your readers.
That about sums it up! Happy blogging.